Monday, September 12, 2016

The Little Table

We've run the race from dedicated school room, learning areas, and simply using the kitchen table. Back and forth over the years we've never kept the same set up. I could never figure out why we didn't make more use out of the space we had.

This year we're back at the kitchen table. Not because we can't set up desks in the bedrooms, as a matter of fact that's where ECJ has his work space ... a desk in his bedroom since he works best alone. Does he always use his desk? The simple answer is no, I find him sprawled all over his bed half the time. Whatever works best for him.

The girls and I use the kitchen table. That little table gives me so much. The campers eat every meal at it. We do projects on it. And the main part of every day lessons is done sitting around it. One girl on each side of me while I help both of them get off on the right foot each day.

Oh, we might read on the couch or in our beds, sometimes even in the tub, but that little table is really the center of our every day lives throughout the year. It's nothing fancy, the walls aren't covered with educational things, and it needs cleaned off all the time. But, it's worth its weight in gold to me because around its wooden sides knowledge and love are found.

We also learn outside and helping Daddy with projects around the house, yard, and vehicle. Learning doesn't stop just because the text books close. But, all of you homeschoolers out there know that. We enjoy learning in every setting and situation. Just because my little table is comfortable, my couch can cradle all of us nearly to sleep, or we spot a strange creature while walking doesn't mean that's the only places that we learn. Our classroom is the entire world!









Linking up with the 8th Annual Back to Homeschool blog hop.


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully shared and so close to my heart, too!

    Happy Homeschooling and truly I thank you for your visit and lovely comment this morning. It brought encouragement to my rough morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And of course you are most welcome ... we can all use a kind word from time to time!

      Delete