Thursday, April 13, 2017

Family Fun and Illness

Friday we were out of power at the house until around six pm. So, we helped Daddy take scrap back to the scrap yard (to warm up in the truck) and stopped by Grandma and Papa's house to visit with some family that is up visiting from Texas. They're only here for a few days so we snuck in the extra visit with them. We were only home for about an hour when the power came back on and I happily cooked supper and everyone immediately turned on the TVs with Netflix ... the campers thought they were going to die without electronics and it being chilly outside, though they had played for about two hours outside with their cousins at Grandma and Papa's house.

Saturday we all basically hung out around the house until the afternoon where we met up with friends from Learning Life with 3 Sons at the big park by our house. We spent a couple hours there and then the campers played outside when we got home as well. BBQ pork was what was on the menu for supper.


 On Sunday we did the lessons that we missed doing on Friday (since nobody wanted to do school in a chilly house with no heat and no electricity), went to mass, and then went to visit at Grandma and Papa's house again. The Texan cousins left on Monday so this was our last chance to see them until sometime this summer when they plan to be back for a visit. The campers and their cousins spent most of the time during the visit outside in Grandma and Papa's back yard, when we left we went to a park down the road (while Daddy picked up some more scrap metal) and played for about another hour because the weather was so very nice. 75* in April for Michigan is a rare treat! Peanut had woken up not feeling 100% and we chalked it up to allergies until later in the evening when she spiked a small fever. 


Monday we were supposed to do lessons first thing in the morning but Peanut had another fever and was feeling even worse. I called the doctor and set up an appointment for Tuesday morning which is the first they had available. Then I called school off for the day, went to the scrap yard with Daddy, picked up orange juice and over the counter medicines on the way home, and then we picked up YCJ for her follow up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon (to find out what the MRI said). As was suspected YCJ simply bruised her kneecap and it should heal on it's own. If it continues to hurt after four more weeks we'll look into physical therapy but that's all. This is a giant load off of my shoulders at the moment.


On Tuesday Peanut had her doctor appointment and Daddy and I took her to it, turns out she has a virus that is going around and it only lasts on average four days. Plus, we're supposedly over the worst of it so that's good. After the appointment Noni showed up and she and I went to see the Easter Bunny about some baskets and fillings. Plus I got my ear pierced (as part of my birthday present early since my birthday is next month). It's a daith piercing and is supposed to help those with migraines. I'm willing to try anything and I don't even feel it in my ear, plus unless you're looking for it or already know that it's there it isn't very noticeable because the ring is actually inside of my ear most of the time. We brought home lunch from Burger King and Noni visited for a little while before she had to leave. That night Daddy and I went scrapping and filled up the bed of the truck again.
Peanut working on
ABC Mouse

 So, on Wednesday Daddy broke down the scrap metal that we'd picked up and then we all took it to the scrap yard. While Daddy was breaking down the scrap Peanut got involved in working on ABC Mouse, which we have right now again for a little while but have decided that if she keeps working on it daily we'll pay the monthly subscription fee. She really does like the program. You're first month is free and they currently run from nursery through second grade, it's certainly a program worth checking out and you can even upload it to a phone or tablet. I decided that although we've already taken a spring break we'll be taking this entire week off of lessons as a sick week and I'm just going to shrug it off. We homeschool year round so really taking another week off at this point doesn't effect us what-so-ever.

Thursday all of the campers were down for the count with the crud. Peanut just basically still had the runny nose but the other two were feeling totally icky. The main part of the morning was spent with them watching Netflix and me crocheting. Daddy helped out one of his friends and then went to an appointment, after which he came home to break up some scrap and then he and I went to the scrap yard . I picked up some earrings while we were out because I did not have any and want to wear some for Easter. We BBQ'ed bratwurst for supper and had some fries as well. 

We'll be back to regular lessons next week come the crud or not!

You can find us on Facebook here.

Linked up for the Weekly Wrap Up and Homeschool Highlights

6 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about the piercing for migraines! Sorry you are battling illness at your house. Hope next week is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to jinx anything but since getting the piercing on Tuesday I've yet to have a migraine though I did pick up my medicine just in case. I know it hasn't even been a week yet but I usually have at least one migraine a week so I'm hopeful.
      Everyone is slowly getting over the crud and you know us parents can't just sleep and heal so Daddy and I are the sickest ones at this point. Next week is sure to be better!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear the kiddos were under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all pretty much recovered as of today! (4-17-17)

      Delete
  3. I heard about piercing for migraines not that long ago and was intrigued. Will be interested to see if your piercing makes a positive difference for you - I sure hope it does! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'm mildly excited! I won't jinx it yet by calling it a perfect success but it's been nearly a week and not even a little headache. I usually have at least one migraine a week sometimes two that blur the entire week into pain and ick.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete