Thursday, August 24, 2017

Week with the Solar Eclipse

Friday was a pretty normal day around here. The girls slept in until 11 which meant that I'd drank three cups of coffee, Daddy had gone to work, and ECJ was out unloading scrap from the truck and taking scrap apart. I jotted down some notes for this post and then I went with the girls on a walk into town to pick up Daddy's paperwork from his new doctor that he's seeing next week. Once we got back the girls went outside to play while ECJ finished taking apart scrap and I went back to work on crocheting things for the craft sale that I have coming up. When Daddy got off of work he and I ran to one of the houses in town where we'd been hired to take down a shed, it was quick work and we were done with it in short time. After that we loaded up the truck for Saturday morning and relaxed the rest of the day. I made tuna noodle casserole for supper which is a favorite in our house.

Saturday morning started with a trip to the scrap yard. We had money that we had to pick up from earlier in the week and a load of shred metal to get rid of. Then it was off to Grandma and Papa's house (ECJ stayed home with the dogs by his choice) to help Papa get the camper out of storage. Daddy and I went with Papa to make sure the dishes were secure and tow the camper back to his house while the girls stayed and hung out with Grandma. When we got it back to the house we hung out for a while and Papa bought pizza for supper. Shortly after that we headed home and were in bed pretty quickly. On Sunday, after mass, we all loaded up into the car and went down to Grandma and Papa's house again. We stopped to play at the park at the end of their street because they'd gone for a ride after church. While I hung out with Grandma and the campers played outside for the majority of the day, Daddy and Papa worked at repairing a leak in the front of the camper and caulking some areas that needed redone this year (it's been three years since maintenance has been done on the camper). The campers helped Grandma get some bedding out of the camper and I was Daddy's go getter (go get me this and go get me that) for most of the afternoon. For supper we ordered chicken and enjoyed each other's company. Then it was back home ... where Daddy and I ran to pick up some scrap and the campers did their evening chores.


Monday I struggled with not wanting to wake up for the day. Daddy went off to work, ECJ did his morning chores and then took apart a little bit of scrap, the girls ate breakfast and then took showers, and I did laundry. When Daddy got home the girls were doing their chores and I was making some notes for this blog post. He and I went to the scrap yard really quickly and then called Grandma and Papa to see if we were going down this day to wash the camper or if it would be another day ... it was decided that we won't be going down again until Wednesday (due to rain in the forecast on Tuesday). So we picked up the girls, ran an errand in the next town over, watched the eclipse (77% totality here), and then went scrapping. While we were out we stopped at two more parks and picked up frozen drinks. Supper was breaded fried zucchini and mac and cheese. And right before bed I pulled a muscle in the lower right of my back!

On Tuesday everybody slept in late. Like after 11 am late. My back was still hurting and Daddy had to go to work. I put the clothing in the dryer on for half an hour to get out the wrinkles, ECJ went outside to take apart scrap, and the girls were playing with their Littlest Pet Shops. I folded the laundry after updating the blog and then crocheted until Daddy got home from work. We then dropped everything off at the library that was due, went to the next town over to scrap, and came home so I could cook tuna noodle casserole for supper. Due to on again and off again rain all day long the campers didn't spend a ton of time outside but they did get some time out in the yard with their friends (and of course ECJ was out the longest taking apart scrap). By night time my back was feeling better ... motrin and muscle rub works wonders. But, I have a huge bruise near my tail bone from pulling the muscle (at least I'm assuming that it's a pulled muscle).

Wednesday Daddy went into work and ECJ took apart more scrap. The girls played outside with their friend (the neighbor girl) most of the day. I crocheted most of the day and rested my back. When Daddy got home from work we went to the scrap yard and then out scrapping, taking the girls with us, and picking up pizza for supper after a stop at the park. 

So, Thursday Daddy again went to work and ECJ was taking apart scrap. The girls and I were supposed to walk up to the big park in town but it was too chilly to go up there without jackets and they were all still packed away with the fall and winter clothing. Instead they had a lazy morning at home. When Daddy got home we all loaded ourselves and the scrap up into the truck and went to the scrap yard. Followed by a trip to Grandma and Papa's house so that Daddy and ECJ could wash their camper. The girls spent the afternoon (now warmed up into the high 70's) outside in the backyard.

Find us on Facebook here.

Linking up for the Weekly Wrap Up and Homeschool Highlights this week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like another good week. So nice you were able to watch the eclipse! We saw about 80% totality where we were, and it was very cloudy so it wasn't as dramatic as what other folks saw.

    ReplyDelete