Thursday, December 7, 2017

Week 10

This past weekend we didn't do a whole lot of anything. No one was feeling particularly well, although I did go Christmas shopping with a family friend to help him pick out a few items. I also began working on a gift for one of my nieces (that I really have to hustle on but haven't been feeling up to it) ... perhaps we'll simply buy all the Christmas gifts this year and I'll give the handmade items on birthdays or Easter. That little triangle will turn into a twin sized rectangular blanket for my niece's bed. If I can get myself together enough then I'll be able to get it finished by Christmas, I just need to dedicate a couple hours a day to getting it done ... this might mean a later bedtime for me.

Monday we did lessons and got caught back up from last week where we took an extra day off. We also managed to finish going through ECJ's, Monkey's, and mine clothing/dressers (we found a garage sale on Saturday and were able to get two dressers for $10 total!) sorted out with four trash bags and one small bag of clothing to donate. ECJ was a big help to YCJ with her math this day (and indeed most of the week). The girls are adjusting still to using the Prairie Primer as our English/Science/Bible curriculum. We also started an Advent study following along with the author of Exploring Nature With Children to do a Bible based, nature themed, Advent lesson per day. It's been really fun!

Tuesday we ended up taking the day off of lessons, spending most of the day doing various other things that I cannot for the life of me remember as I type this (this is really why I have to get back into writing notes each day to keep myself up to date each week). On Wednesday we were happily back to lessons and the girls were still bothered by the fact that ECJ was finished before them ... this will not be the case much longer as his online studies will be kicking back in AND he has three research papers to give me by the end of the year this year (tenth grade, y'all). I went to Daddy's doctor appointment with him while YCJ finished up her math so Monkey did history with the girls from our Notgrass: America the Beautiful curriculum. The rest of the week we have the Prairie Primer and math scheduled for the girls so it shouldn't be too bad.





My Monkey!
Thursday we woke up with both SweetPea and Little Man not feeling the best, Peanut had the sniffles again as well. A quick talk with Daddy and it was agreed that we'd take this day off of lessons as well ... this means we've taken about a straight month worth of lessons since around the time Little Man was born. Now I understand why a lot of mom's take off a month or two of school when they have a new baby in the house! Those little bundles of joy can really take a while to get used to their routines and figuring out how to do lessons with them around. Not that I'd trade a single moment of it! I absolutely adore all of my grandkids and am enjoying having them live with us. Chores were done first thing in the morning after breakfast, with about four of us playing pass the baby while eating and chores were accomplished. Monkey went with Daddy to work to help him paint this day and while I typed this up ECJ had both babies to look after since the girls were working on cleaning the rabbit cage and SweetPea can't be in the room when they do that because she's allergic to the rabbit hay and food. I have no idea what's planned for the rest of the day, other than lots of fun with babies!

Our plans so far for the weekend means that at least one day out of the weekend we'll be doing some lessons. This mamma really wants to get back on track ... even though that track is only in my mind and we school year round so we're really not behind even though this is JUST our tenth week of school when we should be more like on our fourteenth or so. See? It's not just you who freak out at the thought of being behind, or going off track, or are you doing enough. I do it too! I'm willing to bet most of us do. 

You can find us on Facebook here. We're also on Instagram.

Linking up this week for the Weekly Wrap Up and Homeschool Highlights

4 comments:

  1. I'm also freaking out a bit at being "behind" or not getting enough schoolwork done! None of us are alone in that, from what I can tell. ;-) Thanks for sharing your week with us on Homeschool Highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to chuckle at Tuesday's wrap- up; so glad I'm not the only one that MUST write down what we did or let the day run into a blur together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to write it down too. Our life is way to much of a whirlwind. We are a bit behind in two subjects. That happens every single year. You are not alone.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man - I don't even have a new little bundle of joy and I can't seem to keep up the momentum. You seem to be doing fantastic adjusting to each day's needs. Each day is its own blessing. - Lori

    ReplyDelete