Monday, March 20, 2017

Shimmer - Book Review

Shimmer

By - Alyson Noel


The book Shimmer is the second in Ms Noel's series starring the main character Riley, the young woman who's passed on to the Here and Now. You can read my review of the first book in the series Radiance here. In this book, even though Riley and her partners are technically on vacation, she gets herself into a rather big puddle of trouble that she drags her friends into as well. She learns from having to deal with this trouble just exactly what she's actually made of and helps not only herself and her friends but also several lost souls in the process. But, will she be rewarded for her efforts ... and if she is rewarded will it matter?

I cannot say how much I love this book and the one before it. They're short reads but well written and something that even my teenage boy doesn't mind reading (and doesn't realize that there's character lessons in them). Several more of Ms Noel's books, from this series and others, can be found on Amazon here. I'm sure that you can find them several other places as well and before I buy the next books in this series, and perhaps other books that she's written in other series, I'll be looking at my library to see if I can borrow them. Of course this means that I have to pay my library fine so that we can check books out of the library again (somehow a movie got lost in translation between us and the library and it can't be found at either place so we have to pay to replace it). 

I really need to get to the next book in this series though because I really want to know if Riley does get rewarded for her efforts or not!

I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment