Thursday, May 18, 2017

Mother's Day Week

Lilacs Daddy picked
for me since they're my
favorite!
Friday we spent the day with distractions. First Daddy and I went to the scrap yard and then we went and bought four new tires for the truck (well ... new to us tires with great tread) and had them mounted and balanced. After which ECJ mowed our yard and the neighbor's yard while the girls cleaned up some of the sticks that have fallen off of our many trees. Daddy started a fire to burn more of the old deck wood and a lot of the sticks that we have in a pile near the burn container (it's an old dryer drum lol). The campers spent most of their day outside due to the warm weather despite allergies kicking back up big time thanks to the cotton wood trees beginning to let go. All three campers are stuffy and not too happy, we're going through tissues like they're made out of air. I also ordered the Little House on the Prairie book set to get a start on what we'll need for next year's school year. The link provided is not the exact set that I purchased and has less of the books than I bought.

Fan in action

On Saturday Daddy had an appointment in the next town over, while he was gone the campers watched Netflix while I crocheted. I'm currently working on a pure white shawl, having put aside a blanket I'm working on for a little while. After Daddy got home he installed the fan in our living room. Which made me very happy! We'd found it while scrapping and it works perfectly, which is one of the reasons that I love scrapping. We spent the rest of the day relaxing together while the campers ran in and out of the house dodging the scattered showers.
Flowers the campers got me
for Mother's Day!

Sunday was Mother's Day and it was a really good one for me. We woke up a little early and got ready for mass then drove down to go to church with Grandma and Papa. We don't get to go to that church often but still love it, all of the campers were baptized there. After church everyone went out to brunch and then went back and visited with Grandma, Papa, Auntie and Uncle, and some of the cousins. The campers and their cousins mainly played outside while the adults sat and chatted. Around 3 PM we left and went scrapping, it took awhile to fill up the truck but we also found a full roll of still in the package laminate flooring (yay! Just the kind I wanted for my kitchen too!) and took a break at a local park that we usually stop at on Sundays after visiting with Grandma and Papa. Daddy bought supper while we were out so that I wouldn't be required to cook anything and then we came home and relaxed the rest of the day. Peanut had a minor meltdown where she sobbed and called my name, even while I rocked her, and she didn't know why she was crying. Sometimes autism sucks y'all.


Our school week started right on schedule Monday. Daddy and I woke up super early because I had an early appointment for my yearly mammogram at the women's healthcare center a couple of towns away. After we got back Daddy unloaded some scrap for ECJ to take apart then Daddy left for work and I began the girls book lessons. The girls were quickly done with their lessons and I was finished thinning out some tomato plants by 11:30 in the morning. Then Peanut worked on her art, YCJ began researching hamsters, and when ECJ finished with what he was doing he came in and did his book work. He still owes me a book report which is extremely late so hopefully he turns that in soon. Each week that goes by he's losing grade points on it. After Daddy got home from work he and I ran to the scrap yard and then went and did some more scrapping. Supper was leftover potato soup and most of the evening we just relaxed quietly and enjoyed a couple movies on Netflix as a family. The campers almost fell asleep during the last one because they'd spent so much time outside playing in the wonderfully warm weather.

Me goofing around
on one of the campers
scooters.

Tuesday was my birthday. We did our lessons like planned (I only do days off of school for the campers) and then Daddy and I did a quick trip to the scrap yard and then the whole family went scrapping in the afternoon. We BBQ'ed steak (a real splurge on our part) and had broccoli and cheese on the side. Topped off with a strawberry cheesecake for desert. The birthday person picks the meal in our family and that's what I picked.
Oreo ice cream cake! YUMMY!


Wednesday Noni came out so we didn't do any lessons (we'll be doing some lessons Saturday because of this). Daddy went to work before Noni got here. Instead we went out and celebrated my birthday and YCJ's (May 27th). We ate brunch at Denny's and then went shopping where I got yarn, printer ink, and a ton of new clothing (all on sale or clearance yeah!). ECJ got a tablet, a new Nintendo 3DS game, and some Littlest Petshop Toys. Peanut concentrated on My Little Pony stuff and ECJ got himself a new Nerf gun and a Playstation 3 game and a new to him DS game. Noni gives everyone a certain amount on every birthday that she'll spend and every member of the family gets something. A little bit of overkill but we love and appreciate that she does this. After Noni left it was another trip to the scrap yard and more scrapping. (Are you noticing a theme to our days yet?)

So, on Thursday, with temperatures in the 80's we did our lessons early in the morning while Daddy was at an appointment. Then we went to the park in our community where I dropped some things in the mail and the girls played. ECJ was at home breaking apart some scrap for Daddy. When Daddy got home we headed to the scrap yard and then came home to simply relax and try to stay cool. We did make one stop to pick up some clothing for our eldest daughter who lives on the other side of the country that we'll be sending out this weekend. 

You can find us on Facebook here.

Linking up this week for the Weekly Wrap Up and Homeschool Hangouts.

2 comments:

  1. you had a good week. I have no idea what you do when you go scrapping... might be an interesting post to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to write a post about that soon!

      Delete