Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Our Summer Plans

So, I've been sitting around thinking about what we plan on doing this summer. And since I've been thinking about it I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Beaches, lots of trips to the beach this summer. We live in Michigan with a ton of lakes around us both in the Great Lake variety and smaller inland lakes. I can think of five right off the top of my head that are all located within a half hour drive of my house and are all on the great lakes. The campers aren't really good at swimming yet but they love going to the beach. Although I usually burn several times during the summer, no matter how much sun screen I put on, I too enjoy the beach each summer. 

The zoo! We haven't been to the Detroit Zoo in over a year. There's a new penguin exhibit that the girls are desperate to see and several animals that we haven't ever caught sight of. A day at the zoo, or two, will give us some much needed happy time this summer.

Parks. All kinds of parks around us. And we usually make it to at least one park a week anyway. But we'll be hitting the park a lot this summer. As many as we can get to. This might just be the last year that the older two campers will actually have fun playing on the playground equipment and I'm going to eek every second of that time out of them this summer.

The library! We only live a couple miles from our local library and within easy driving distance to three more in our area. We love the library and we'll be going there at least once a week, every week, this summer. Reading and movies abound!

And lots of more fun stuff like hiking, arts and crafts, nature journaling, and the like. I'm also already planning on next summer. Next summer will be filled with lots and lots of camping as we'll have our camper by the middle of next spring. We've got several favorite state park campgrounds that we love going to and several more on our list to check out. As a matter of fact, YCJ and Peanut have both requested that we go camping for their birthdays next year and that sounds like some major fun to both Daddy and I.

Other things that I must get done this summer include getting my crochet items stash up to the point where some items I will have on hand to sell at all times; such as baby dresses, baby blankets, water bottle cozies, can cozies, etc. I must get ECJ's courses figured out by September and buy all the materials not just for him but for the girls (who I've already started getting things ready for). Gardening is also getting done this year. We're just hoping that this year will be a good one for the tomato plants that we did in containers ... last year planting them on the side of the house didn't provide enough sun. I also have plans to exercise and loose weight over the summer, considering this past winter I gained 30 pounds over the holidays! And of course our summer lessons must be done. 

What are your summer plans?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very fun summer!!

    We're hoping to go tent camping, my oldest has only been twice and the younger 2 have never been. I have wonderful memories of "roughing it" when I was younger. Also we're checking into visiting family whom live out of state and possibly a round trip down to Mississippi to a town that's the same as our last name. Of course many, many, many hiking/nature walks and beach fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're going to have an awesome summer! I'll be looking forward to hearing about it.

      We don't do much tent camping, haven't in over a decade, I'm a little to stiff and so is Daddy if we don't have a bed to lay on at night. The ground is just too hard. I did a Boy Scout camp overnight with ECJ several years back and I felt it for at least a week lol

      Delete