Thursday, June 1, 2017

Memorial Day Week

Friday was the very last day of our regular lessons. The campers and I got them done and out of the way quickly in the morning after chores and breakfast. Daddy was at work while we did our lessons. The rest of the day was a mix of playing inside and outside in the mainly good weather. Allergies finally under control again for now, the campers took every moment that they could to be outside playing with the weather finally cooperating again.

Saturday was YCJ's 12th birthday! We woke up slowly that morning, ate breakfast, and each of us took some time to wish her a good birthday. Then Daddy and I went to an appointment he had and then picked up her birthday gifts. A new game for her Nintendo 3DS and a brand new mountain bike! We sort of played a trick on her when we got back by just giving her the game and a balloon and saying happy birthday again. Then Daddy asked for her help getting groceries out of the truck and when she climbed up on the tailgate she saw her new purple bike! She was shocked and thrilled! The campers spent the rest of the afternoon riding bikes up and down the street. Supper was homemade nachos (YCJ's supper choice this year) and cheesecake for desert! YUMMY!

Container garden with tomatoes and strawberries.
Mr. Funky Chicken

So, we come to Sunday. To be honest we slept in. The campers woke up well before us and did their morning chores and ate breakfast before Daddy and I even began to wake up. We didn't go to church. Instead we stayed home and then decided that the afternoon was best spent outside cleaning up the yard, putting out decorations, hanging the American flag, and burning what was left of the old deck wood. We were all literally outside for seven hours straight! The yard looks so much better now, you can actually tell that I have a patio. We also put down poison to kill the giant amount of ants that we had in the yard. They're crazy this year, y'all! We BBQed bratwurst and sausages and threw that together with some ranch and bacon pasta salad for supper. We ate the last of the cheesecake for desert. And then it began to rain again. The girls cleaned up their room and the living room (after having spent the majority of their day on their bikes with their friend who lives next door) and ECJ helped them (after having helped his father and I all day in the yard). Daddy relaxed after a quick shower to get the sawdust off of him because he was choosing to go into work the next day (supposed to be his day off but they have an inspection on Tuesday and he wants to make sure that everything is done). I crocheted and typed up a couple of the days on this post while they were fresh in my mind.



Monday, Memorial Day, a day to honor all those who served our country and didn't get to return home. We didn't technically have lessons this day except that both Daddy and I at different times during the day sat the campers down and had discussions about how important this day is. Daddy also ended up going into work for just a few hours to make sure that everything was tip top for the inspection the next day. After Daddy got home the girls and I hopped in the truck with him to go scrapping down by Grandma and Papa's house (even though they were at a BBQ this week) and ECJ stayed home for some valuable alone time. We weren't gone for very long and were able to load up the truck relatively quickly, even with our weekly stop at the park for some play time in the middle of scrapping. When we got home Daddy BBQed ribs while I walked up to the store with ECJ (some valuable mom and son time). Supper was super easy and super yummy, I just added some green beans and the leftover pasta salad from Sunday. I finished my large cotton tote bag that I had been making for trips to the library and the beach while the campers watched Netflix and played with their rabbit. All in all it was a wonderful and relaxing day.



On Tuesday morning Daddy and the campers woke up bright and early around 8 am. I was in and out of sleep from about 6 am and didn't pull myself out of bed until around 9:30 when Daddy was heading off to work. Noni text me right after Daddy left to say that she'd be here around 11 so I got dressed and decided it was time to catch up on my emails, blog comments, and this post. Then for a little time on Facebook while the campers played in their rooms. Noni showed up around 11 am and we quickly set off for the day with her. Lunch at McDonald's and then several stores shopping for summer items for the campers to wear. Each of the campers got several pairs of shorts and some tops for the hotter weather about to come our way. I even grabbed a few more pairs of shorts myself. Afterwards Noni left pretty quickly because Daddy had sprained his wrist and I had to go to the scrap yard to help him unload the truck. After which Daddy and I went on a quick scrap run (not a good night for scrapping, usually a Monday night load and we don't normally scrap on Mondays). Pizza was what was for supper and then we relaxed before bed after a very full day.



Wednesday Daddy and I were up pretty early because Daddy had to go to work early. I got in a morning shower, which hardly ever happens, I usually shower in the evenings. I did some blog work and then crocheted ... all with the campers still sleeping. After they woke up they went outside to play for awhile after completing chores and eating breakfast. In the afternoon, when Daddy got home, he and I ran to the scrap yard and then came home for a bit for him to rest and the campers to again play outside. The girls chose to go scrapping with us in the early evening, ECJ opted to stay home, so during our scrapping adventures we took a few minutes out and got some soft serve twist ice cream cones as a treat. Once we filled the truck we headed home where the campers once again went outside to play and I made supper. The night was spent relaxing and enjoying ourselves on various activities individually.

So, now it's Thursday ... and I'm realizing that I haven't snapped a lot of pictures this week because we've been busy doing other things and I simply let it slip my mind. Daddy and ECJ unloaded the truck in the yard to take the scrap apart ... which ECJ started on while Daddy ran to work for about an hour and a half. The girls took advantage of the cooler weather to ride their scooters up and down the street together (they're finding it odd to be outside and playing while other kids are in school this week but they sure are enjoying it). I popped in the house to finish typing up this blog and downloading the photos, such as they are, from my camera. This afternoon we're planning on a trip to the scrap yard and more scrapping ... followed by leftover potato soup for supper. I'll get some crochet in today, I've been challenged to make myself a scrap cotton skirt and that's what I'm working on. No idea how it'll turn out but it'll sure be interesting. 

Our plans for the weekend include relaxing and time outside, maybe a trip to the library on Saturday. We'll see and I'll be sure to blog about it for next week. The weekend might just be a blur you never know what kind of project Daddy might decide to do over the weekend and we have many of them sitting around our house at the moment.

You can find us on Facebook here.

You can also find us on Instagram by looking up Homeschool Campers!

You may have missed this post this week:
Our Summer Plans

And we're linking up for the Weekly Wrap Up and Homeschool Highlights this week.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet surprise for your birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was really excited and rode it for hours after we brought it home. She's even storing it in our living room at the moment because she doesn't want anything to happen to it lol

      Delete