Sunday, March 18, 2018

School of Life

Ok, sorry that there's no pictures this week. I did take pictures but already posted them on Instagram and Facebook. There were only a couple and so I decided not to repeat them in this post. So, if you're not following Homeschool Campers on Facebook or Instagram, now might be an awesome time to start doing so as there's sure to be plenty of pictures posted on both while the weather is warmer!

And, I didn't take notes all week long ... nor did I sit down to update this post every night as I usually would. Yup, again life happened and I just wanted to relax and crochet once the babies were asleep. I've had mainly early nights myself sleeping all week long, in bed usually no later than 10:30 (which, is early for me considering that I used to stay up until at least 1 AM). 

This week we did lessons each day except for Tuesday when Noni came out to watch movies with us. I'd love to tell you what we watched, but I can't for the life of me remember. We'd rented three cartoons from RedBox and I made Bagel Melts for lunch (I'll include the super simple recipe for those at the bottom of this post). We also had appointments almost every day this week!

Saturday was Saint Patrick's Day! We celebrated by cleaning Monkey's room (O M G - so much stuff!) and I made Corned Beef and Cabbage in my crock pot version of the Instant Pot! It turned out so good! Follow this link for the recipe to make it using either your crock pot or Instant Pot. I also crocheted for a while and watched part of the fifth season of Game of Thrones.

So, here it is Sunday and I'm catching you guys up on my not so exciting week worth of life. We just had so many appointments and so many campers and grand-campers doing all kinds of things to do with life that it seemed like the week passed before I knew it was even here! Today we went scrapping (and got a load almost as big as our summer loads!) and then I came home to do laundry, wash the washing machine, get the ham in the oven for Sunday night supper, make ranch/bacon noodle salad to go with the ham, and juggle grand-campers and campers while they came in and went back out into our nearly 70* day!!!

I'm going to leave off here with a big smile and go outside and play with all the kiddos until the ham is done in the oven.

Bagel Melts

  • onion or plain bagels
  • cream cheese
  • ham or bacon
  • onions - sliced thin in circles
  • tomatoes - sliced thin in circles
  • favorite kind of melty cheese (we usually use mozzarella or provalone)
Place open bagels on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350*. Spread cream cheese on top of bagels. Top with ham, onions, tomatoes, and cheese. Bake in oven until cheese is melty and slightly browned. Serve. 

Linked up with Weekly Wrap Up and Homeschool Highlights

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes have the worst time remembering what we actually did during the week when I sit down to write my Highlights post! Your bagel melt recipe looks delicious - something I'll keep in mind to try for lunch sometime. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete