Friday, July 6, 2018

The 4th of July!!!

Monday rolled around and we thought about doing full force lessons ... instead we just did math. The reason behind this is that Daddy and I had several errands to run during the regular part of the day and some major scrap lifting to do (for a client) in the late afternoon. Math was literally all the planned out lessons that we could get accomplished. Does this mean that the campers didn't learn anything else on Monday? Nope! ECJ not only read his requisite hour of personal reading but also did several hours of coding practice and research. YCJ read her half hour allotted and then practiced putting together videos. And Peanut read her fifteen minutes with me and worked diligently on her crafting projects. After supper (pork chops, rice, and gravy) the campers all got their meds, got read to about Australia, and went off to bed.

Now, for those of you doing the same Give Your Child the World summer book club that are going, "Wait! This week is North America week!" .. Yeah, I know. BUT, we've already covered North America, the Middle East, and Latin America during previous weeks! I knew that we'd not be able to do the book club for the extra three weeks required and slipped lessons in with other lessons to make this work for us. Isn't homeschooling with freedom grand?!?!?! So, this week we're doing Australia and the Polar zones. And we'll be done with this book club a few weeks early, but will revisit much of it throughout next school year.

Tuesday Daddy and I took two trips to the scrap yard during the morning, followed by an oil change and new wipers for the car, new wipers for the truck, checking on the next scrap job for a client, and ran to the grocery store. While we were busy doing this the campers did a lesson of math each and did their independent reading. After Daddy and I had been home about an hour I cooked supper of hot dogs and eggs (scrambled together, really good if you ask us) and melon pieces. Peanut developed a headache from the heat and was given a Tylenol along with a cool damp cloth and sent to lay down for a bit to relax. I passed out meds, read some about Australia (in the room so that Peanut didn't have to get up), and tucked them all into bed... Well, except for ECJ who stayed up a bit later trying to figure out a problem he'd been having with a certain game by watching walk through videos on YouTube. Daddy, ECJ, and I were all asleep by 11 PM.




Wednesday, the fourth of July, Independence Day!!!! We started out the day like any other day ... chores, breakfast, and so on. Then it was time to clean the car and load tools in the trunk for Daddy to take his road trip the next day. After that Daddy and I again ran to the grocery store (yes, that's three trips this week) because Daddy decided to BBQ supper and pick us up some supplies for while he's on his trip ... for those of you who don't know this is because I do NOT drive. That's right, I gave up my drivers license for a regular state ID years ago because I am no longer comfortable behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. There was a heat advisory in effect so we discussed options with the campers: we could go down to the riverfront and see the fireworks but we'd be walking there and back in the heat, OR we could stay home and relax with good food and sparklers. The campers chose the sparklers because Peanut gets headaches from the heat and ECJ didn't like the idea of taking such a long walk. YCJ would have been fine with either choice, she had pros and cons for each lol. We spent the rest of the day relaxing until supper time. Daddy made BBQ steaks and we had noodle salad and melon pieces to go with it. After supper, meds, and bedtime reading we went back outside and did the sparklers behind the house. Then, leaving three boxes completely untouched out of the twelve we'd bought, it was time for bed. But, we had a wonderful time together celebrating our nation's freedom!!!


On Thursday Daddy and I ran to the store really quick before he left for his road trip. Yup, Daddy had to leave for several days and was leaving me in charge of the campers until he gets back. This reminds me of when he was an over the road truck driver, but at least I know when he's coming home this time. The girls and I watched movies and Netflix all day long after Daddy left. Including six episodes (all that Netflix had) of a show called Wild Australia. I finally finished the blanket that I was making for my one niece who's birthday passed about two weeks ago (late birthday gift because I didn't get it done in time). And that was basically our day.

So, it's Friday and we've been a bit busy so far today. We cleaned, ate, did math, I crocheted a bit. The girls are almost ready to watch some more Netflix with me and ECJ is playing a game with one of his friends. I plan on breakfast for supper ... or chicken tacos (we'll see, I have the stuff for both laid out) and a quiet night at home with me working on some crochet projects. I hope that you've had a wonderful week and will have a great weekend!!

Find us on Facebook here. We're also on Instagram!

Linked up for the Weekly Wrap Up and Homeschool Highlights.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you could celebrate in a way all of you were happy! Have a great weekend and time in charge of the campers! ;-) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that reminds me that I have sparklers somewhere that I bought for this week and forgot all about!

    ReplyDelete