Friday, October 6, 2017

Shortened Third Week 17/18

Friday we rounded out the week of lessons and got them all finished by around 11:30 in the morning. Daddy was at work and I followed lessons with some laundry and vacuuming. After we had everything straightened up I went into my room to crochet, this being Friday the campers have FULL access to their electronics for the weekend ... this means that once lessons are finished on Friday there are no restrictions to their electronic devices again until Sunday night. I had no major projects to finish with my crochet, just wanted to work on my gift for a friend who likes lemons. After Daddy got home he and I ran to the store, when we came home I doctored the cooked chicken that I'd had going in the crock pot for chicken casserole, I shredded the chicken and then added it to a couple of creamy soups and some cheese with noodles. It turned out very well!

On Saturday we hung out around the house with each other. Watched a lot of Netflix and chilled. Sunday we went to mass and then went scrapping near our house followed by a trip down to visit Grandma and Papa. After a quick visit where we did a couple of things that Grandma needed help getting done we went scrapping around their house. We stopped and bought everyone a soda pop and stopped at two parks while we were out.

Monday we were scheduled to do lessons, but instead took apart scrap and cleaned the house and bedrooms. It's about that time of year that we begin to go through all of the clothing that we have and donate what we no longer fit or no longer like ... also we switch out the summer clothing for the fall and winter clothing. ECJ took apart most of the scrap while the girls worked on cleaning their room. I vacuumed the house and did some laundry. After Daddy got home from work he and I ran to the scrap yard and then Daddy went back to work for a little while. Later we picked up some pizza for the campers for supper and got ourselves some fish from Long John Silver's. Our evening was spent watching Netflix, eating popcorn, and attempting to relax.

On Tuesday Daddy and I had to run some errands first thing in the morning and we didn't get home until around quarter to noon. Just as soon as we got home Daddy headed off to work and the campers and I made sure that lessons got accomplished. It only took about an hour or so to get all of our lessons done for the day. After Daddy got back from work he and I went scrapping in the next town over and once we got home I made bratwurst and french fries for supper. After supper we watched Step Dogs on Netflix and ate ice cream for desert.

Wednesday rolled around and we woke up pretty early. Noni came by after Daddy went to work and we went to the mall a couple of towns over from us to have lunch and window shop. After a quick trip around the merry-go-round we went to Walmart where I bought some shoes for ECJ and Peanut and some groceries for the house since we were running low. After Noni dropped us off and Daddy got home from work Daddy and I went scrapping down near Grandma and Papa's house, which is about an hour ride from our house but there wasn't much scrap around us this night. When we got home I made homemade tacos for supper.

So, on Thursday we all got up relatively early ... but not too early. Daddy had an appointment a few towns over so after he left to go to that ECJ started unloading the scrap from the truck and taking apart the scrap. Peanut turned on Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and curled up on the love seat to watch it. YCJ watched Netflix after taking care of Sugar Baby the rabbit and cleaning her cage. I did folded a load of laundry and started another load after changing mine and Daddy's bed linens. After Daddy got back from his appointment we loaded up the truck and went to the scrap yard. The campers stayed home and hung out together. We ran a few errands and then came home and relaxed. YCJ made pancakes for the campers for supper and I made Daddy and I some fried zucchini.

Friday, the end of the week has come. Daddy went off to work right after drinking some coffee, the campers and I started lessons, and I threw a load of laundry into the washer. Lessons were done within two hours, including the girls drawing their renditions of the harvest moon for Exploring Nature With Children. ...

Currently I'm finishing up this blog post while the dryer hums along and the girls eat popcorn for a snack. ECJ is in his room hanging out. After Daddy gets home I have a few errands that I must run and tonight we'll likely be eating homemade tacos again (so yummy!). 

Find us on Facebook here. We're also on Instagram.

Linking up for the Weekly Wrap Up and Homeschool Highlights.

1 comment:

  1. A busy productive week. I hope you all have a nice weekend.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete