Thursday, September 8, 2016

Switching Curriculum

So, we've used mostly the same curriculum for three years. Switched to Saxon math two years ago and are very happy with the switch. Well, we're switching the rest of our curriculum this year!  Saxon math will remain, but we're stepping away from A Beka for the rest of our main texts.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with A Beka curriculum! We actually enjoyed it for the last three years. But, we're a Catholic family and we decided  (we meaning Daddy and I) to make the move to a Catholic curriculum. So, this year we'll be using Saxon math and Seton curriculum for our other main subjects. We're praying that we will enjoy it as much as we did our previous curriculum.

Now, I could do as I've done in previous years. List each Cracker Jack separately and each choice for each subject. But, it really isn't necessary. Peanut isn't moving into Saxon math this year but is doing the regular Seton math. YCJ is doing Saxon math and everything else is Seton.

But, ECJ is a whole other story. He wanted to return to a brick and morter high school, Daddy and I weren't on board. So, as a compromise until we are certain that he can emotionally handle it... he's been enrolled in the K-12 online program.  I'm not sure how I feel about it to tell you the truth. We'll take the rest of his education a year at a time.

That's this year's choices for curriculum in a nut shell. I'm actually excited for this school year to start! Our start date is September 6th, which is oh so close!
Here's to another great year for all of us homeschoolers!

And, like I've done previously, I'm linking up with the annual Back to Homeschool blog hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment